Friday 9 March 2012

An Open Letter to the Women Offering Super Cheap Childcare.

To my fellow Day Home Owners:

We all enjoy taking care of children, otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we are.  Yet unlike you, I am doing this because my family needs me to make money to survive.  Maybe your husband makes enough money to support your entire family on his income, so you figured you'd take in one or two children into your home and offer them very cheap rates because you just want your little one to have a playmate, or just make a little bit of extra spending money.  But we can't all afford to do that.  My husband's salary, while decent, is not enough to support the living costs of a family of 4, so I need to make money at this business, otherwise we are hooped.  Now every family thinks that the dirt cheap rates you are offering should be the norm, and they think that they should be entitled to having their children be in a very small group.  Well I would love it if I could afford to only take in one or two kids and make a few hundred bucks, but I can't, and because you have set the bar so low, I can't even get enough people interested in my day home.  They either think I am charging way too much (which I'm not) or have way too many kids (which I don't).   So I am begging all of you, please reconsider your position on this, and please think of the other women in the business.  We are families sometimes struggling to make ends meet, and because we are offering a quality service and asking to be paid what we deserve, we are getting stomped on because there's always someone cheaper out there.

Sincerely
  A fellow Day Home Owner who is currently struggling

No comments:

Post a Comment